Duck foie gras roasted with cabbage and apples
For 4 people
Preparation time : 30min
Cooking time : 12min
- 1 raw duck foie gras (500 g)
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 green cabbage with a firm heart
- 1 tbsp finely-chopped chives
- 1 tbsp duck fat
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Coarse salt, fine sea salt and pepper from a mill
- Cut the cabbage in strips 1.5 to 2 cm wide and wash well. Plunge the cabbage strips in a large quantity of boiling, salted water, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The cabbage should still be slightly crunchy. Next, chill it in cold water and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F). Season the foie gras with fine sea salt and pepper from the mill.
- Arrange the foie gras in a hot, non-stick, oven-safe pan, and brown on each side, starting with the convex side, then put the pan in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Peel the apples. Cut them into 1 cm cubes. Render the duck fat in a pan, sweat the apple cubes without browning them, coat them in fat and stir gently with a wooden spatula. Add the cabbage strips and reheat. Salt, pepper and mix well.
- Arrange the roast foie gras on the cabbage and apple, then sprinkle with chopped chives, crushed black pepper and fine sea salt.